We are surrounded by air. From this air, we get the necessary resources to survive. Apart from oxygen, we have one more element in the air, without which we would face a lot of problems. It is the water vapor. If there is no or less amount of moisture or water vapor is low in the air, then our skin burns in the sun’s heat. In our country, people who live in the northern areas face this problem very much. But not only the skin burns, but there may be some other problems too. These are discussed below:
What could be the problems caused by the lack of water vapor in the air
- Our respiratory system means our nostrils have moist humidity. The function of this membrane is to prevent dust, dirt, viruses, bacteria, etc. When there is a lack of adequate water vapor in the air, these membranes inside the nose also dry up. Then we can lose our ability of the lungs.
- If the lower part of the nostril is dried inside because of the water vapor itching may occur inside the nose. Those who have allergic problems may be more likely to fall victim to the problem.
- Itching on the skin, dead skin, scaring can also occur on our skin. Dry lips and dry skin are the very common problem which can lead to Eczema or Acne. Dry scalp can cause dandruff.
- On the other hand, this can make your furniture or your doors and windows cracked by drying them up. Books or papers can also get destroyed due to this problem.
So, what can we do to resolve this problem?
Well, there is no reason to worry. We have the humidifier. Let’s know in detail about it.
What is the humidifier?
The humidifier is a device that can increase the amount of water vapor in the air. Simply put, this is a mix of small machine and a container of water. The water is given to the vessel and after that, the mouth is closed and the machine is switched on. The main function of the machine is to divide the water into small particles and spread in the air. It is just like the water sprayer we use in our daily life. This humidifier also does the same thing. The only difference is that it has to be pressed manually, and here the machine automatically does with the help.
What are the benefits?
A humidifier may be small in size but the list of benefits is quite impressive. Some of the advantages of Humidifier are listed below:
- It helps us stay healthy, keep away cold problems and the flu attack.
- The presence of high levels of water vapor helps to cure inflammation of the respiratory system.
- Those who have allergies, chronic problems, or breathing difficulties, they can have quickly recovered if they have a humidifier.
- This is very helpful for the uninterrupted sleep of the night.
- Removes the dryness of the skin.
- Keeps your hair and scalp well.
- Keeps your pets good.
- Keeps the household plants healthy.
- The furniture, window-doors, and other wood accessories stay good.
Now, you may think about what kinds of humidifiers would be good for you?
For that, first, you need to know what kinds of humidifiers there are. Actually, the Humidifier is of 5 types.
- Central Humidifier: The most expensive ones. Good for the entire household.
- Ultrasonic Humidifier: Works with ultrasonic vibrators. Good for children.
- Impeller Humidifier: Comparatively less expensive, child-friendly and less chance of burn.
- Evaporator: Affordable but works in a much smaller area.
- Steam Vaporizer: Electrically powered, budget-friendly and portable. But not child0friendly.
These categories are actually based on their functions. You can choose according to your need, the area, the number of family members etc.
Although we use the humidifier for our benefit overuse can cause problems sometimes, such as:
- Mild dew
- Harmful bacteria
- Dust Mites
If you use with care humidifiers can serve you for a long time and let you have a healthy environment.